Are you looking to move a tree? It may seem like a daunting task, but with the help of a tree moving company, it can be surprisingly easy! In this guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about finding and working with a tree moving company, from what to look for in a good mover to how to prepare your tree for its big move. Keep reading to learn more!
What to Look for in a Tree Moving Company
When you’re searching for a tree moving company, there are a few key things you’ll want to keep in mind.
- First and foremost, you’ll want to make sure that the company is insured and licensed. This will protect you in case of any damages that may occur during the move. Call Environmental Design Inc for a quote.
- Additionally, you’ll want to read online evaluations and check out the company’s website to get a feel for their level of professionalism and customer service.
- Finally, be sure to get an estimate from the company before making your final decision – this will give you an idea of what the cost of the move will be.
Preparing Your Tree for Its Move
Once you’ve found a reputable moving company, it’s time to start preparing your tree for its big move!
- First things first – if your tree is currently potted, you’ll need to dig it up and Bare-root it before transport. This simply means removing all of the soil from around the roots so that they are exposed. Once your roots are exposed, wrap them in burlap or another type of breathable material and keep them moist until it’s time for transport.
- If your tree is not currently potted, you’ll need to do some pruning. Be sure to remove any dead or dying branches, as well as any branches that are growing in an undesirable direction. You’ll also want to make sure that the roots are not too long – they should be no more than 2 feet in length.
Moving day is finally here! The tree moving company will arrive and load your tree onto their truck. Once it’s loaded, they’ll transport it to your new location and carefully unload it. From there, you can replant it or pot it, depending on what you had originally done.
We hope this guide has been helpful as you begin planning your tree’s big move! Remember, when searching for a reputable moving company, be sure to keep an eye out for positive online reviews, licensing & insurance information, and fair pricing estimates. And don’t forget -before transport, your tree will need to be Bare-rooted! Thanks for reading, and good luck!